Hi all, I am new to this forum. I have had my pool since the beginning of summer. It is a 18'x48". I have a salt water pump that pumps 2000g/hr.
My pool is doing great, I am absolutely LOVING the saltwater chlorination system. What I love the most is that all I really have to maintain is the pH and I'm good. I haven't added anything but acid, shock and baking soda. I try and keep the pH around 7.2-7.4--I like for the pH to be a bit on the lower end... My question is that if one shocks the pool how does the shock work properly when it raises the pH sky high? I have read that chlorine doesn't work as well if the pH is high. So how does the shock work then? Is it b/c the level is SOO high?