I am dealing with what I am coming to fear as a white mold issue. Small particles floating in the water that look like little pieces of thin skin. Nothing built up on the skimmers or walls or anything though. Not sure how I ended up with this given that this is a new pool (constructed last fall) and maintained with chlorine (bleach), but all signs seem to be pointing to this stuff. Anyone here had to deal with this and more importantly get rid of it? I shocked it yesterday at 5:00 PM up to 17 ppm FC (for my CYA of 40) with bag shock (wasn't thrilled about using this either but I had it from the PB and was a more immediate action than tons of bleach). Did an overnight loss test last night and found 14.5 ppm FC & 0 CC this morning. I'll see what awaits me when I get home this afternoon. I'm gonna let the FC drop back down to a more normal level as I have my sons b-day swim party tomorrow and don't want them swimming in the high chlorine levels. If I still see this junk, I'll go back to shock again after the party and maintain that level. Can anyone help with this or have suggestions to elliminate it? Or any other thoughts of what else it could be (please someone tell me its something else!!!!)?