Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Got my morning workout

1. Back To Top    #1

Got my morning workout

I'm on late shift this week at work, but I still wake up early (I'm an old man, now, I guess) so I get to putter around for a couple hours. So... sat down at the patio table with my coffee and cigarettes, my TF100, and my speedstir, and did the full round of tests. Dosed the pool, then got my workout by brushing the whole thing with the whale brush. Feels like it's time for a nap.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Got my morning workout

This is how I do my testing too; coffee (adult beverage depending on the time of day), smoke sitting at the patio table. Very relaxing.
    Peter
    21' X 52" above ground
    1 HP Hayward Power Flow Matrix Pump
    Hayward EC40C DE Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Got another morning workout

I started out as a repeat of the other day, but there were a few flecks in the bottom, so I hauled out the vacuum. It's easy to do when the sun is still hidden behind the neighbor's house - no glare.

But then I saw a bunch of grit in the spa, stuff that the vacuum just won't pull up. The water is a comfy 81, even at 7:00, so off with the vacuum head, and climb in with the hose. I got so carried away that I didn't notice how low I'd pulled it, then water started spilling from the pool into the spa! But I got 90% of the shingle grit I've been chasing all season. The pool felt so nice, I really hate to go to work today.

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!