reducing TA

You shouldn't really need to wait. You can aerate continuously, but the effect of it will be more dramatic around 7.0-7.2.
So drop the pH to 7.0, and keep the aeration going. Repeat dropping the pH/TA whenever the pH reaches 7.2 or higher until the TA is where you want it.

TA in my pool has shot through the roof, 255, not sure why? Anyhow am using a UK product clalled "Lo N Slo" to reduce TA but this also reduces Ph and my concern is should I be trying to keep Ph up with chemicals at same time as trying to get TA down, seems counter intuitive to me! Any advice would be most welcome

TA in my pool has shot through the roof, 255, not sure why? Anyhow am using a UK product clalled "Lo N Slo" to reduce TA but this also reduces Ph and my concern is should I be trying to keep Ph up with chemicals at same time as trying to get TA down, seems counter intuitive to me! Any advice would be most welcome

Aeration is the only way to get where you want to be. Lower the pH to the 7.0 area. This will reduce both pH and TA. Aerate to raise the pH. If the TA isn't where you need it, repeat the process.

Adding pH Up will raise the pH, and your TA will return to where it was when you started.

To aerate, you want to create bubbles in the water. This can be done by running spa jets, a waterfall or fountain, pointing a return up towards the surface, injecting air with an air compressor, having kids play in the pool, etc.

Aeration will raise the PH without changing the TA. While the acid (Lo-n-Slo) will reduce both PH and TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.