Are multiports and filters manufacturer-matched?

ajgiii

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2008
North Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey All

Is it better to have a multiport and filter made by the same manufacturer?

In my situation, I've an American Products filter with what was originally an Amer. Prod. multiport. The top of the multiport is now Pentair, but I'm replacing the whole thing and am wondering if I should get the Amer. Prod. multiport.

Fittings aren't an issue because you can get the multiport w/o fittings.

Thank you.

AJGIII

The only difference is that multi-ports designed to go with the filter will have the exact same pipe spacing and often have unions that match the fittings on the filter, so they are easier to install. Once installed it doesn't make any difference.

Thank you.

John T. I thought the same, that Pentair was American Products (especially since the website I was ordering from listed the names under the Pentair brand) and I ordered a Pentair, pre-plumbed multiport. Unfortunately, it doesn't match up to my American Products Titan II filter connections. It took some research, but I found the fittings I need....but have to return the multiport anyway because I don't feel comfortable altering a smooth-bend (PVC) pipe. Hence my Q.

Thank you very much.

AJGIII

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.