Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding liquid Stabilizer

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding liquid Stabilizer

Pour in fornt of a jet or just add to the Skimmer?

I need to add 3 qts.

Also can we swim after? Wait time?

thanks!
    8,000 Gal, 11 x 26.8ft Shotcrete Pool with "Cool Blue" Diamond Brite by ESSIG Pools with Artistic Pavers Deck
    Goldine AQL-PLUS w/Aqua Pod, Aqua-Rite T-CELL-15 SWG, Pentair WhisperFlo High Performance 1.5HP, 2 speed pump, Pentair IntelliBrite,
    Pentair 100sqft Cartridge Filter, 6 Pool returns, Skimmer and 2 Anti-Vortex Main Drains
    Pool's completed build 2/2010

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding liquid Stabilizer

I wouldn't pour it in the skimmer, it's some thick stuff!! Mix it up in a 5 gallon bucket of pool water and pour it around the pool. After you pour it out, you will have to cut the jug with a box knife and rinse the rest of it out into a bucket. It so thick, a lot of it will stay in the jug if you dont rinse it clean. It's expensive, but it's instant CYA. Check the jug. One jug should add 30 ppm to 10,000 gallons of water.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by bk406
    I wouldn't pour it in the skimmer, it's some thick stuff!! Mix it up in a 5 gallon bucket of pool water and pour it around the pool. After you pour it out, you will have to cut the jug with a box knife and rinse the rest of it out into a bucket. It so thick, a lot of it will stay in the jug if you dont rinse it clean. It's expensive, but it's instant CYA. Check the jug. One jug should add 30 ppm to 10,000 gallons of water.
    Thanks. Store guy said add it directly into the skimmer as does the bottle. But I trust this board a bit more. The price was decent @ $24

BTW, this does not seem that thick
    8,000 Gal, 11 x 26.8ft Shotcrete Pool with "Cool Blue" Diamond Brite by ESSIG Pools with Artistic Pavers Deck
    Goldine AQL-PLUS w/Aqua Pod, Aqua-Rite T-CELL-15 SWG, Pentair WhisperFlo High Performance 1.5HP, 2 speed pump, Pentair IntelliBrite,
    Pentair 100sqft Cartridge Filter, 6 Pool returns, Skimmer and 2 Anti-Vortex Main Drains
    Pool's completed build 2/2010

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't think it makes too much difference how you add it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, the stuff you get at Leslies is pretty thick stuff, maybe this isnt. What brand is it? I still wouldnt pour it in the skimmer. I would think it might gum it up? Then again, I dont put anything thru the skimmer. I'd rather not run any pure chemical thru my heat exchanger and SWG. Probably would not hurt anything, but I just dont do it. You never know.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

I know this is an old thread, but I just bought some "liquid" stabilizer because we replaced our tab feeder with a SWG. I searched for this because I wasn't sure how to add it. Wow. Thick is an understatement. I shook the bottle like crazy and still had this giant oozy white blob at the bottom of the bottle. I ended up filling the bottle with pool water 5 or 6 times to get it all out. This stuff barely classifies as a liquid!
    12K IG gunite, Pentair Intelliflo pump and 1 hp Pentair booster pump, Posi-Clear Sta-rite cartridge filter, IntelliChlor SWG and EasyTouch system.