Had very high CYA and CH numbers due to Trichlor / CalHypo regimen. Water is otherwise spotless.
SO, draining roughly half and refilling today / tomorrow with water from hose. And then moving to a liquid chlorine regime (maybe with some algeacide / clarifier as well since I have so much of it.)
Will I need to shock after I fill it up with tap water? Or can I simply adjust to my desired chemistry and let her go?
I know certainly that if I keep my chlorine in desired range, I won't need to shock each week like I did before. If that's true, then when I have a big party / heavy rain, etc, I should just add more liquid chlorine in advance????