Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: filter cleaning

1. Back To Top    #1

filter cleaning

hello all been here for a few months but first posting.

my problem that i am having is cleaning my filter cartridge, i can get the out side just fine but have problems getting the inside cleaned. and suggestions on what type of hose attachment i can use, i have currently a 5 pattern nozzle. can someone please tell me what one is best to clean the inside of the filter and that doesnt break the bank.

AG 24' round 15k gal
    cartridge filter 125sf

2. Back To Top    #2

Suwanee, GA

Re: filter cleaning

Not the cheapest option, but I use a filter flosser. I have found that it works well and is the best nozzle that I have tried so far. Pulling the nozzle back a bit allows the streams to converge to a point and blast a single pleat, this seems to work better than a single stream and causes a bit less splash back.

What helps my yearly cleaning effort is a higher pressure hose. When reinstalling my sprinkler system after the pool was completed, I put in a hose bib by the pool that I plumbed to the the sprinkler system, this bypasses the pressure reducer in the house. I get great pressure and volume from this hose.
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.