Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A whole summer of perfect pool

1. Back To Top    #1

A whole summer of perfect pool

Thank you AquaRite and thank you TFP. I have actually had many years of nearly perfect pool due to TFP and PF before that, but since I got the AquaRite - I've had a completely wonderful, technologically perfect experience. This summer has been warm, full of many wonderful swimming days.

I have had NO issues, glitches, problems or concerns since the AquaRite went in vs the constant pouring in chlorine or babysitting and resetting every time a storm caused power outages with the Intex.

I love my pool, my AquaRite and of course, love my PRover Jr too. This summer has been the exact reason why I have a pool. YESSSSSSSSS.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A whole summer of perfect pool

Congrats!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

It's people like you that put people like me out of the maintenance business. Good thing, because it's a low margin service and I hate vacuuming anyway.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

4. Back To Top    #4

Lets face it - TFP and PF were created to help people who were having problems so that is exactly what you will see here. And really the help people get here is just stellar!!! But I sometimes wonder if people thinking about getting a pool or some sort of add-on equipment like a SWG might come here and see post after post about problems and get cold feet? There are many of us that don't have problems with any of our equipment and everything works just as it should; we just don't really have a reason to post that. Well - that's me this entire summer (right after I replaced the failed liner and put in new Gorilla Pad, wall foam, foam cove, new AquaRite, etc) I'm just sayin.....
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't think people get scared away by seeing posts from those who have problems with their pools because 1) most such threads are from new users first coming to this forum and 2) nearly every one results in a success story and 3) there are plenty of threads with "thank you, everything's great now, the pool has never looked better". There are around 3000 new members signed up every year on TFP and of these at least 500 if not 1000 have some sort of chemical pool problem most commonly due to not maintaining an FC appropriate for the CYA level, usually because they use only stabilized chlorine or they have an SWG with a rising pH problem due to high TA, etc. Once these issues are resolved and people start following the principles and techniques in the Pool School, most do not come back. The others have mechanical issues or just want advice on products or systems and they too are helped.

Then there are the thousands of lurkers who don't register, but also read the Pool School and follow the advice from reading relevant threads. Those people, too, are helped. So in all, thousands of pool owners every year are learning how to take charge of their pools and not be dependent on advice from other sources that is often wrong or a far more expensive approach.

Richard
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

6. Back To Top    #6

We know that Richard, you could have just said "Nuh-ah, do not!" : )

I have had a gazillian problems (some my fault and some not) that have been fixed due to help I got here over the last many years I've known you all and way back on PF - I would not be this Trouble-Free if I did not find this place.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by NWMNMom
    This summer has been the exact reason why I have a pool. YESSSSSSSSS.
    You speak as if Summer is over... Still a good four or more weeks left of the pool season.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

8. Back To Top    #8

For us this will be the summer we compare all future summers to. Early open, pool warmed up quickly and the SWG made life simpler. Lately the cool nights, although great for sleeping, have been dropping my pool temp. It's getting close to dropping out of the 80's....
    Mike
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInNH
    For us this will be the summer we compare all future summers to. Early open, pool warmed up quickly and the SWG made life simpler. Lately the cool nights, although great for sleeping, have been dropping my pool temp. It's getting close to dropping out of the 80's....
    Central CA has been the opposite. Very late cold. Caused havoc with pools and gardens. Weather has easily been pool weather but we're in 50-s at night which is unseasonably cool. Does keep pool temp down with the 95-100 degree high. Hopefully I've got 8 more weeks.
    Garden Leisure Voyager 12x24 AGP, 7500 Gallons, Hayward Power Flo Matrix 1 HP pump, dual speed, Hayward XStream Cartridge Filter, 120 GPM,

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by crabboy
    Quote Originally Posted by NWMNMom
    This summer has been the exact reason why I have a pool. YESSSSSSSSS.
    You speak as if Summer is over... Still a good four or more weeks left of the pool season.
    Oh I believe we will be starting to close next weekend. When the nights drop into the low 50s or upper 40s and stay there, its all over. There aren't enough warm days to reverse cold nights.

11. Back To Top    #11

You're right - folks don't write in to say things are great... So, I just had to chime in with a "me too!". We added an Auto Pilot SWG and two solar panels this year and, aside from playing with the chlorine generation % and wondering why my CYA tests never seem to come out the same way twice, it's been a very troublefree summer of swimming! Not quite ready to close up for the year yet - hope to get at least another month out of the season...

I've learned so much from this forum and will continue to do so, I'm sure. Thanks to everyone who takes time to contribute - this is a wonderful resource!

*upon further reflection, I'd say that our pool has been so "low maintenance" this year there have been a few times where I've wondered if I'm doing everything right!
    29,000 gal. vinyl in-ground mountain lake (freeform); Hayward DE filter, 2 skimmers, AutoPilot SWG, 2 - 4 X 20 Fafco Solar Bears with Goldline control, Aquabot, LoopLoc winter cover, Pool installed March 2009...

12. Back To Top    #12

New pool owner of a couple months here. Found this site early so my experience has been a great one. My neighbor has had a pool for 6 yrs and he too is starting to ask me questions as our pool is always sparkling. Turns out his CYA had to be close to 250 as he has used pucks from day one. So needless to say he drained it many times over to get it down and he is still at 70. I told him now is the time to get a SWG like I did a few weeks back. Best thing I ever did and finding this forum was the absolute best thing... Thanks to all..
    24' AGP Sentinelle 54" , 1hp 2 speed power-flo matrix, New 250K to replace the 150k BTU heater, pool roover Jr. Aqua Trol SWG, Large deck, taylor k-2006, Majestic Stairs with colored LED, COLD BEER

13. Back To Top    #13

I also installed an AquaRite SWG this year and it's been a great experience.
    23K Gunite IG Pool
    Waterway Crystal Water SVL56 Pump/1.5HP AO Smith Motor
    Hayward Star-Clear Plus Cartridge Filter C17502
    Aquarite 40k SWG
    Polaris 360

14. Back To Top    #14

Same thing here! Installed Digital Autopilot end of June and water has been sparkling since. Only other thing i added was something to bump up my calcium hardness. Vacuum here and there, backwash, refill a bit, etc.

Unfortunately i never got my heater to work, so my swimming is getting close to done for the summer. Might squeeze in a few more weeks. I'll look into heating for next summer i think.

Cheers!