Temperature Compensation Algorithm?

svenpup

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Now that my Pool Pilot Nano is installed and running, and I am noticing that the displayed percentage is changing day to day. I assumed that the temperature compensation algorithm would run in the background, unseen by me, but I guess I was wrong.

Is the change in percentage that I am seeing actually the temperature compensation algorithm in action?

If so, it is working opposite of what I expected. When the water temp goes up the SWCG percentage goes up, and vice versa. This implies that it is harder to generate chlorine at higher temperature, and easier at lower temperatures. Is this correct?

svenpup said:
If so, it is working opposite of what I expected. When the water temp goes up the SWCG percentage goes up, and vice versa. This implies that it is harder to generate chlorine at higher temperature, and easier at lower temperatures. Is this correct?
Or, the algorithm is predicting correctly that there will be a higher FC demand as the temperature rises, so it compensates?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.