Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Hayward Swimpure Plus

Hayward Swimpure Plus

I just had a Hayward Swimpure Plus installed and I am confused about the different readings i see when I press the "diagnostics" button. Can someone please tell me what the different numbers indicate?

Re: Hayward Swimpure Plus

From the manual
    Diagnostic Displays
    Be sure to have the following information
    Sequential pushes of the small "diagnostic" button next to the LCD display will cause the Swimpure RJ to display the following information:
    1. Pool temperature (degrees Fahrenheitor/Celsius)
    2. Cell voltage (typically 22.0 to 26.0 volts when chlorine is being generated ,other-wise 30-35V)
    3. Cell current (typically 2.50 to 4.00 amps when chlorine is being generated, other-wise 0 amps)
    4. Desired Output % ("0P" -- "100P" depending on knob position )
    5. Instant salinity (-xxxx ppm or -x.xx grams/Liter)
    6. Product name sent to the display ("AL-6" signifies "Swimpure" (STD), ("AL-7 signifies "Swimpure RJ Return-Jet")
    7. Software revision level (r1.xx)
    On the 8th push of the button the display will revert back to the default salt display. Also, if the button is not pushed for 30 seconds, the display will revert back to the standard salt display.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Thank you JasonLion for the info. That helps alot.

This is great! I've had my salt system (swim pure 15) a few months now and always wondered what all of these numbers meant.

Mine does have one additional reading. After the software revision (r1.58) it has what looks like a capital E, but without the uppermost horizontal leg, followed by -15. Kind of like this: E-15

Any ideas?
    22.5k gal; IG Pebble, AT50 sand filter, SwimPure SWG, Polaris 380 cleaner
    Built approx 2000. Pool novice - only owned since 2011.

Senior Member In the Industry

That is actually the size of the cell, and it is a "T" and not an "E." It means you have a T-15 cell rated for up to 40000 gallons.
    Science and Math Teacher
    Owner - SPS - part time pool biz
    18x36 IG Vinyl, 23000 Gallons with Jacuzzi (the bane of my existance) pumpworks
    Polaris 280 w/ PB4 booster