pool rover, pool rover jr. or pool rover "T"

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Ok

after looking at various models of the pool rover...I am just wondering what I should get? and what the differences are between the 4?:

1. Pool Rover
2. Pool Rover Jr.
3. Pool Rover T
4. Pool rover Plus C

The T looks like it has some handles, and a little more ruggedly built than the others....does anyone know what differences there are of the 4, and is the cost difference worth it?

Dan

My Junior came with handles on the side as well, although I did pick mine up as a refurbished model...2 years old and use it every other day. There is no significant difference other than the more expnsive models may have axle covers (mine has them too?) and the may come with the 2 versions of the filter bag. The jr comes with the fine filter bag and is more than adequate, unless you have a ton of leaves (more than two handfuls)...hope this helps

well my everyday pool cleaning consists of small "box elder tree leaves" some pieces of twig, bugs, etc...my day after storm or fall pool cleaning consists of many leaves, maple, long pine needles, larger twigs, helicopters from the trees, etc etc...so I have to "skim" and vacuum my pool daily. SO I need a cleaner that is more than adequate at picking up small sand and sediment, to full size leaves, pine needles, pine cones, etc.

The jr should have you covered there in every aspect, except the pine cones. Not sure of any cleaners that would suck up a cone :shock: and not clog. My only doubt on your pool would be the 33ft width and a 40 ft cord. I think you would need to run through two cycles on oposite ends of the pool. It works great on my 24ft...I have not manually vacumed in over 1 year, just not sure how it will navigate the 33ft. It may be worth your while to email aquobot and see if they can craft you one with a longer cord?

For a point of reference, as you can see I have pine needles, maple leaves, etc and my property is surrounded by 80+ft tall trees.

I have no afiliation with aquabot, but I do love my jr

IMG_1344.jpg

oh wow..yeah..that pretty much looks like the surrounding of my pool. Ok..when I said Pine cone..I never actually had one drop into the pool...but my 3 yr old...liked to throw them in on ocassion!! :) but yeah...no vacuum would get a pine cone. but I do have long pine needles, small twigs, large and small leaves..dead bugs out of the trees, etc etc.

ok...well just bought a new Pool Rover JR. over on Ebay....can't wait to get it. after looking it over really well, it looks like the same design as the IRobot Verro 300 I have..that likes to float!! hope they perform differently.

Dan

Mine sinks almost imediately and does not climb walls. Also make sure the ebay seller is an authorized retailer so that you can register the unit for warranty purposes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.