Am I on the right track with this leak?

Jun 11, 2010
Atlanta, Ga.
I came home from work two days ago to find my pool water down about 2 1/2 inches to the base of the skimmer. I walked all around the outside of the pool check for signs of water everywhere and found nothing so I used the hose and filled back to normal level which is half way up the skimmer. I ran the pump that night and left it running when I went to work yesterday. When I returned from work the pool was down 2 to 2/1/2 inches to the base of the skimmer. There is still water in the skimmer but the pump was stopped. This time I filled pool back to normal level and did not run the pump at night. This morning it was still at normal level. I may have done the wrong thing but I went down and turned the pump on and it was not primed so I primed it and left it on. I got air bubbles from the returns and this concerned me so I did some trouble shooting on line that advised me to see if I had a valve to bleed the air out of the lines or to slowly release the cap from the skimmer basket at pump to let air out of the lines. I went down to check this and about 15 minutes had lapsed between then and the time I had primed the pump. When I got to the the pool there were no more air bubbles coming from the returns so I checked them and they were working. I decided to leave the pump running while I was at work to see if it is down to the base of the skimmer again this evening. Did I do the right thing or should I send someone over to turn my pump off. It would appear to me that the leak is somewhere in the skimmer or in the lines between the skimmer and the pump. Any ideas ...suggestions? I would appreciate any help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.