Buying SWGs on ebay

jeeman

Jun 3, 2010
Hi guys,

I had a question about buying SWGs on ebay...I'm thinking of buying the Pentair Intellichlor IC40 and wanted to know if the 3 year warranty would be honored by them. Thanks!

Jeeman

jeeman said:
Hi guys,

I had a question about buying SWGs on ebay...I'm thinking of buying the Pentair Intellichlor IC40 and wanted to know if the 3 year warranty would be honored by them. Thanks!

Jeeman
Not sure about eBay purchases on Pentair equipment, but I bought a CircuPool RJ45 (also a 40k gallon unit) from DiscountSaltPools.com, which appears to be a storefront run by the US distributor and it works well. I was expecting a cheaply constructed unit, but was actually impressed by the build quality of the whole thing. It is running at 40% output eight hours a day and keeping my 17,000 gallon pool at 8ppm FC (CYA at 60). This used to take 1 gallon of 6% bleach a day, with an extra jug on weekends.

I may be wrong, but I believe that you still have to buy 3 or more Pentair pieces to get the 3 year warranty. Less than three pieces is just a one year warranty. The warranty (as long as the product is new) is supplied by Pentair, not where you buy it, so I don't think eBay would have anything different to be concerned about.

jparr said:
Not sure about eBay purchases on Pentair equipment, but I bought a CircuPool RJ45 (also a 40k gallon unit) from DiscountSaltPools.com, which appears to be a storefront run by the US distributor and it works well. I was expecting a cheaply constructed unit, but was actually impressed by the build quality of the whole thing. It is running at 40% output eight hours a day and keeping my 17,000 gallon pool at 8ppm FC (CYA at 60). This used to take 1 gallon of 6% bleach a day, with an extra jug on weekends.

jparr, I was looking at that unit....very impressive warranty....7 years? Is that for the cell? I mean, am I guaranteed that the cell will work for a whole 7 years? That would be awesome! I might go that route. What is the energy usage on it? Is it a full 220Watts, or 110Watts since you are running it at half output?

Jeeman

I bought my Autopilot off eBay from National Pool Heating, which is the mail order front of Florida Pool Heating. The autopilot website has am authorized dealer search feature, so I could verify that they were legitimate before I bought.

jeeman said:
jparr said:

jparr, I was looking at that unit....very impressive warranty....7 years? Is that for the cell? I mean, am I guaranteed that the cell will work for a whole 7 years? That would be awesome! I might go that route. What is the energy usage on it? Is it a full 220Watts, or 110Watts since you are running it at half output?

Jeeman
The warranty is a joke, read the fine print. Still not a bad deal though, especially considering the upfront cost compared to other units.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.