Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommending TFP

1. Back To Top    #1
    Gilbert AZ

Recommending TFP

I work at a Sears in Arizona and I have quite a few people that have pools or have just brought a house with a pool. Many of them are new to pool ownership so I have been telling them about TFP. They all welcome the info and say they will visit the site.
    We should be hearing from them soon. Anybody else doing the same?
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

2. Back To Top    #2

North Central KY

Re: Recommending TFP

Definitely a very helpful forum, and I recommend it to anyone that will listen. I still have a lot to learn, but this is a great place to do that.

3. Back To Top    #3

Sal (my business partner) and I are very passionate about bringing R/O to the swimming pool industry, and spend an awful lot of time educating people. By far, the biggest part of our presentation is telling people that we can only do so much; the rest you can learn at TFP! We always give out the web address and let people know that they can take control of their own pool, and save money along the way. We sell them nothing with this information, and they are always grateful for the knowledge that they get.

I am very thankful to have found this site, and proud to recommend it to others

4. Back To Top    #4

I just joined a few days ago and have told the few people I know with a pool about it! Glad I found this site~ it's a very informative and friendly site! I still have LOTS to learn but am happy to be here
    Hayward S180T Sand Filter
    15 X 30 Above Ground Pool (10,600 Gallons)

5. Back To Top    #5
    East Hartford, Connecticut

Yes, a big Yes! Any chance I get I will tell people about TFP and grocery store pool supplies. I'm Blessed to have found this site and will pass it along, with great pleasure.
    Summer: 19 x 37 Pacific Graphex IG modified oval, aztec marine vinyl liner, 24,000 gal, 3.5 feet to 8 feet, 1 hp Hayward C4025 Swim Clear 4-cartridge filter, chlorine pucks or bleach depending on CYA levels, 1 super wide mouth skimmer, 4 returns (2 therapy jets in steps), Hayward pool vac ultra, Hayward Heat Pro heat pump, non-curved pool slide, 6' jump board, 12 ml clear solar cover, TF-100 test kit, added salt for feel 1,250 ppm, we had "pink algae" in 2010.
    Winter: Hot Springs Vista Spa, 500 gallons. Using BBB method for the first time and for the first time in ages, the water is crystal clear

6. Back To Top    #6

Toms River, NJ

I usually wait until I hear someone crying the blues about their pool store owned algae experiment. Then I'll chime in with the cost saving, no nonsense, methods that work TFP plug. I figure it took me till near disaster to accept out of the box thinking so it's probably the best time to get other "converts" started.
    18'x24' (10,000 gal) above ground pool, 19" Proline sand filter (45 GPM), Jacuzzi 1.5 HP 2 speed pump