Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Pure Swim SWG panel on the hot side.

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Pure Swim SWG panel on the hot side.

Hello all,

Decided to switch over from ozone, nature 2, and inline chlorine feeder to a SWG. Texas heat was just too much on the CYA and FC and my set up could not keep above 2 ppm over a 2 day period. That being said, I had the SWG installed and Im in the process of getting everything up to speed when I noticed today that the control panel that is mounted on the side of my house (brick) is very hot to the touch in the area of the top right corner of the control panel box, almost to the point that you cant keep your fingers on this portion of the box (night time). Is this normal? Let me know what you think.

chris
    13,500 gallon free form Pebble Tec pool- 2 skimmers
    Pentair Intelli-Flow filter pump, Pentair Intelli-Super Flo booster pump, waterfall pump, Del Ozone Eclipse 1 generator, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge filtration, Nature 2 XG Clear Vision, In-line Chlorinator, Polaris 280, Raypack heater, and Color Logic LED lights.

Proud user of BBB, pool school, pool calculator, TF-100, and the advice of the friendly people here!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Pure Swim SWG panel on the hot side.

Wherever the transformer is mounted is going to get pretty warm when the unit is generating. If you can keep your hand on it, it's less than 150ºF.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Good deal. I just wanted to make sure that the heat being generated from the unit was normal. If not. I was going to call the installer back out.
    13,500 gallon free form Pebble Tec pool- 2 skimmers
    Pentair Intelli-Flow filter pump, Pentair Intelli-Super Flo booster pump, waterfall pump, Del Ozone Eclipse 1 generator, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge filtration, Nature 2 XG Clear Vision, In-line Chlorinator, Polaris 280, Raypack heater, and Color Logic LED lights.

Proud user of BBB, pool school, pool calculator, TF-100, and the advice of the friendly people here!

4. Back To Top    #4

it's normal for transformers to heat up to 70 degrees C or even more if working at full output