Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaned cart filters for 1st time

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaned cart filters for 1st time

So our pool has been running for right about 3 months. I cleaned the cartridges for the first time today. It seemed like the rear two filters were dirtier than the front two. Has anyone else noticed this or is it even possible? We have the Hayward swimclear C4025.
    I was very pleased with how easy the whole process was.
    Thanks
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cleaned cart filters for 1st time

I have the same filter and usually the two filters closest to the ports are the dirtiest which is what you might expect. Why the rear two are in your case, I do not know but it could be because the front two got clogged with plaster after the build so the back two had to pick up the slack for normal dirt. After a TSP soak, an acid soak might be in order.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cleaned cart filters for 1st time

Quote Originally Posted by mas985
    I have the same filter and usually the two filters closest to the ports are the dirtiest which is what you might expect. Why the rear two are in your case, I do not know but it could be because the front two got clogged with plaster after the build so the back two had to pick up the slack for normal dirt. After a TSP soak, an acid soak might be in order.
    Thanks for the feed back. Good point about the plaster. I'll let it run for another three months or so and see if I get the same results.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall