Liner Wrinkled After Rains - Frequency Increasing

F500

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 11, 2007
Madisonville, LA
We are having to pump out water from behind the liner more often than usual. Granted, we have had heavy rains almost every afternoon, but it just seems that water is finding its way behind the liner more often. A quick pump out takes care of the problem and there are no adverse effects on the pool. Just wondering if I should be looking for a potential issue.

A dry well is a sump area that is located in the hard shell structure at the bottom of the deep end of the pool under the vinyl liner. It is plumbed to a separate pump. I believe the dry well needs to be installed during construction.

We are having this problem as well this year. After 10 years of draught we are now having huge rain falls. The water table is high so it has to go somewhere. I know it's not a liner leak so we just keep pumping it out as needed. It's a pain, but it does seem to work.
Our other issue was because it's a vinyl liner on our pool...the water behind the liner was lifting the edges right out. We are using popscicle sticks to keep them in and that has worked like a charm.
I wish the builder had put in a dry well....it would have saved a lot of issues....but they didn't, so we just keep pumping.
We have an area past the concret deck onto the grass where the splash accumulates with rain water.....and it's like a little swamp. Stinky....now that I would love to get rid of but just not sure how to do it.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.