Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner Wrinkled After Rains - Frequency Increasing

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner Wrinkled After Rains - Frequency Increasing

We are having to pump out water from behind the liner more often than usual. Granted, we have had heavy rains almost every afternoon, but it just seems that water is finding its way behind the liner more often. A quick pump out takes care of the problem and there are no adverse effects on the pool. Just wondering if I should be looking for a potential issue.
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner Wrinkled After Rains - Frequency Increasing

Don't lower the water. If you have a dry well, hook it up and send the discharge well away, the further the better. Don't lower the pool water or the liner may drift out of position.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

For clarification, we are using the dry well pump to pump out water from behind the liner, not lower the pool water level. I'm just wondering why the increase in having to do this.
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

4. Back To Top    #4

Sounds like the ground by you is just saturdated - your water table must be higher than normal because of all the rain.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a bother-in-law who's pool liner floats away from the wall after heavy rains. I assume this is caused by a high water table and lots of rain. Would a dry well solve his problem and what is a dry well?.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

6. Back To Top    #6

A dry well is a sump area that is located in the hard shell structure at the bottom of the deep end of the pool under the vinyl liner. It is plumbed to a separate pump. I believe the dry well needs to be installed during construction.
    Lee

7. Back To Top    #7

Water will always find a way. For some reason towards your pool is the way its taking. Is your yard sloped towards your pool? You maybe able to install some sort of drainage system to take the rainwater away from the pool.
    [center:3gj9kdnn]Matt Heck
    "HECK OF A POOL SERVICE LLC"
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en ... 2995187987[/center:3gj9kdnn]

8. Back To Top    #8

We are having this problem as well this year. After 10 years of draught we are now having huge rain falls. The water table is high so it has to go somewhere. I know it's not a liner leak so we just keep pumping it out as needed. It's a pain, but it does seem to work.
    Our other issue was because it's a vinyl liner on our pool...the water behind the liner was lifting the edges right out. We are using popscicle sticks to keep them in and that has worked like a charm.
    I wish the builder had put in a dry well....it would have saved a lot of issues....but they didn't, so we just keep pumping.
    We have an area past the concret deck onto the grass where the splash accumulates with rain water.....and it's like a little swamp. Stinky....now that I would love to get rid of but just not sure how to do it.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
    Deena
    http://www.lindbrookstargazer.ca
    100,000 liter IG vinyl liner
    Rolachem Chlorine & Muratic acid Auto feeders/Pool Perfect Auto feeder
    Pentair 30" filter (Tagelus) Sand filter/Centruion switchless pump 1.5/.25 HP

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

I have a bother-in-law who's.....
    I'm not sure if that was a typo or a magnificient Freudian slip but I have one of those, also.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School