Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Re- High Cholrine / Rain / Vacation

1. Back To Top    #1

Re- High Cholrine / Rain / Vacation

Hi we re opened the pool on Fri of last week to fix sloping. We opening per PS this time and used the Di Cholr for 4 days and are now waiting for the chlorine levels to go down. We have the pool in partial shade so it takes a long time to go down...

As we wait we have had LOTS/TONS of rain in the last 3 days..With my Chorline levels so high I am reluctant to add bleech after the rain, and am wondering if since the chlorine is high do I need to up it after a heavy rain or only if it is lower ??

Also On friday I am going out of town for 3-4 days so the pool will be unused during this time...COnsidering the above do i need to do anything before i leave?

I do not have a proper test kit, working on that for next year so this is not exact (oto) and I have not had time to go to Pool Store to confirm

FC 12-15 ish ( was Orange yesterday today after rain it is school bus yellow) I dilute 3/1 ratio to get the 12-15 estimate
    TH 280
    ALK 180
    ph 7.5
    CYA - waiting to test but it should be around 30 based on addition of di chlor give take due to rain.

Sorry for the estimates... hopefully next year good kit ( I test with the walmart drop kit 4 now) I brush and vacumme pool 1x wk or as needed.

Clarity is wonderful, except after vaccuming or playing it gets a little cloudy with particles...but they settle and it is clear again.
    12'x30" Intex AG 1,485g pool, w/530gph cartidge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Re- High Cholrine / Rain / Vacation

I don't think you need to add anything in terms of chlorine right now - but Friday before you leave I would add 2 tablets to a floater.
    Is the stuff on the bottom Dichlor? That's not good to let it dissolve on the liner. IF it's just dust then I wouldn't worry.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Re- High Cholrine / Rain / Vacation

Thank you. It should not be Dicholr as I disolve it in a bucket before adding it in front of the return. Small Dirt particles i think that washed in from the rain, and then pollen on the top
    12'x30" Intex AG 1,485g pool, w/530gph cartidge filter