How much of a $ IMPACT does refilling a 300Gal Kiddie Pool..

Jul 25, 2010
North Bergen, NJ
I have a rather large kiddie blow up pool that is about 2.5 ft deep and 22" circular pool that fits about 4 kids and even an adult rather comfortably sitting. I guess its 300 galls or so if not more... My question is, how much of an impact will I see on my water bill if I keep refilling it every other day during the month (about 15times or so) Looking for an approximation. Im in NJ but just an average would do

And by the same toiken, How much of an impact do you think it would be on my water bill if I just refilled it twice a week?

thanks

Lori

Look up your water bill - it's probably measure in HCF. (Hundred Cubic Feet)

The cost per HCF might be broken up a little bit - but it's probably $1 to $3 per HCF

1 HCF is roughly 750 gallons of water - so 300 gallons is anywhere from 50c to $1.50

Actually here is the exact pool and its 90x22

004W161466110002

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
fudgebar said:
so out of curiousity when I eventually fill up my new in ground 12,000 gal 14x28 pool is that going to cost me a fortune on my bill or is there some sort of utility discount applied for such a huge request?

Owning a pool just adds to the list of maintenance costs you will incur on your home. Putting in a inground pool can run you anywhere from $20 to a few hundred $'s a month to operate (unforeseen pump failure, liner rip...etc). Add to that a new tax assesment/insurance costs to boot :shock:

I just mention this because if $45 a month in added cost to use a kiddie pool is an issue from a financial standpoint, you should expect to spend much more operating a IG pool.

I agree. We bought our AG pool and expected to spend around $4,000. By the time we were done it was twice that, with elec install and a gas line. You can expect to spend quite a bit on your chems at startup. Don't forget pool toys, floats, and replacing various equipment parts, and routine chemicals, test kit etc... It all adds up. $45 would be the least of your worries, LOL

please expand on the new tax assesment and insurance increases...I'd be interested in know the additional costs related to those?

In my town in NJ, Im already paying 12,500K a year in taxes what kind of impact will the 12x28 pool make?....and insurance? Anything else I need to know besides these things already mentioned here and above?

That is a task best accomplished by visiting your town hall and calling your insurance broker :goodjob:

Most assessors will just add $30-40K to the value of your property x your tax rate.

Your homeowner's policy will likely increase due to the IGP but you should also strongly consider taking out an umbrella policy for at least $1m given the added risk. God forbid, but one accident could ruin things and a umbrella policy is only $300-400 a year

Thanks for that tip....

In regards to my swimmie kiddie pool. How long can I leave the water in the pool before it becomes unsanitary. Not that I am thinking of doing it, but it was just always a curious question I had.

Also, is there a simple way perhaps to prolong the life of the water without having to dump it so frequently, like for example a tablespoon of bleach or something...again just curious if there's a simple household way to lessen the dump and refill frequency without having to go buy chemical kits and stuff. I just this to hold me out a few more weeks until I purchase my in ground pool

thanks again!

Lori

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.