PVC to Intex Couplings/Adapters

Jun 4, 2010
When I vacuum my pool, I slip the flexible cuff of a 1-1/4" vacuum hose into this Intex adapter:
10533.jpg

That is the adapter that came with the deluxe skimmer. The problem is that I have a hard time disconnecting the skimmer hose without collapsing it. I would like to design something that will slide on and off easier. The skimmer hose is 1-1/2" and the vacuum hose is 1-1/4". This Intex adapter
10849.jpg

will accommodate both hoses, but I don't know how to connect it to the first adapter. I think the second adapter needs to connect to 2" MPT. A standard PVC 1-1/4" slip coupling fits really well over the first adapter, but looking online I have not been able to find a 2" MPT x 1-1/4" slip coupling. Is that something Ace, Lowes or Home Depot would likely have? If not, what is the best way to bridge the gap? Thanks!

Finally had a chance to stop by Home Depot. I was able to get a 2" mpt x 2" slip coupling. From there I used a 2" x 1.25" slip bushing. The 1.25" end of the slip bushing fit perfectly on the blue adapter. The other adapter was a little trickier since the 2" threaded connection would bind up before forming a seal. Adding 3 o-rings to the white shaft of the hose adapter before putting on the gray threaded connector was enough to get a good seal. Once everything is connected it looks sort of odd, but it works really well.

I know that Intex doesn't do "standard", but you think they would at least use standard threads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.