How do I get sap out of my pool?

May 25, 2010
I've been struggling with what I think is pine tree sap in our pool for a while now. The filter can't seem to get it out so I've gone through 2 bottles of floc, waiting 24 hours after each one and vacumming to waste. Each one helped, but once the gunk on the bottom is stirred up with the vacuum, the filter can't seem to get it out, so I have to let it settle and vacuum again. We've cut the trees back quite a bit (pine tree hanging over pool - not our idea, bought house that way :rant: ) but I can't get the pool clear. Is there something else we should be doing?

Can you post a full set of test results and some pictures of what the pool water and the area around the pool look like? That will help us get an idea of how to best advise what to do.

Trust me, if it was pine sap you wouldn't have to think it might be, you'd know it was. And you wouldn't be asking how to get the filter to pick it up, you'd be asking how to get that sticky tar like substance off of everything in sight!

Do as Zea requested and we'll be more than happy to help. Whatever it is!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.