Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Kayak Pools Midwest Quote

1. Back To Top    #1

Byron, Illinois

Kayak Pools Midwest Quote

We just got quote on a 16 x 32 above ground Kayak pool with a salt water system for $22K. Does anyone know if these pools are worth the money? They supposedly have a 30 year guarantee on the liner and life time on the water walls. We have never owned a pool before and want to make a good investment. Advice?

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Kayak Pools Midwest Quote

There are a couple more Kayak pool posts around here recently. I personally know nothing about but if you'll use the Google search at the very bottom of every page you may find someone who does.

Oh Yeah, Welcome to TFP!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: Kayak Pools Midwest Quote

30 year guarantee on the liner? That surprises me.
    What are the terms of the warranty?

I have two neighbors with Kayak. The ones behind me didn't open their pool this year at all that I can tell.

My other neighbor got it 8 years old from a co-worker and moved to his house where it's been for at least 12 years now, not sure if its the original liner. They have moved and I don't know the new owners. So for a 20 year old pool it still looks pretty good from the outside, haven't seen it up close in a few years.

Personally I don't think any AG pool is worth that kind of money. You can get a great pool for 1/3 the price and even if you have to replace the liner your still less than 1/2 the price... IDK, personal decision I suppose. They do have a good rep around here tho.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner