Amount of sand for filter?

Aug 9, 2010
SC
We are installing a new 24' x 52" above ground pool. It came with a 22" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter System model SD 60. On the filter the graph shows that it need 250 lbs of 20# silica sand. When I go to the Pentair website the graph there shows 200 lbs of sand. When I ordered the pool the salesman told me to get 150 lbs of silica which is what I did. How much more do I need to go get? I'm guessing what is on the side of the filter itself since it should be the most up to date.

I ordered the TF-100 on Friday and plan to start directly with the BBB method. I'm sure you will be seeing more questions in the future as this is all new to me. All we have had from friends is negative comments on the up keep of an AGP - I hope to prove them all wrong :p

I retract my eariler post. Go with Brice's recommendation. I got the 200lbs out of the specific manual for the SD-60 but they could have changed the amount between the manual and the actual production model or even between different production models.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.