$2500 later

Aug 3, 2010
San Diego
Ended up spending a few bucks at the old pool shop.

Long story short just got the 30 year old house and pool in October. Last week my pump started leaking and now I have a Intelliflo vs, EasyTouch and Intellichlor

Got the pump in and hot-wired to get the water moving and salt mixing.
Added 6 bags of salt yesterday
numbers as of this after noon.

FC 4.0
PH 7.6
TA 80
CH 240
CYA 60
Copper/Iron <0.1
Salt 2200

Added 4 more bags of salt and a splash of acid.

I should have the SWG and Touch installed tomorrow and hope to start the SWG because I am leaving on Wednesday for a week and a half and I have not shown my wife anything with the pool... my bad....

Just a note. THANKS to the admin, mods and all of the members of this site. So much information to soak up. I'll get some pics of the install up tomorrow.

If anyone has any advice on the process please feel free to let me know.

and I am relying on test strips and Leslie's pool boys for the numbers till my TF-100 shows up.

Six bags of salt is not even gonna be close to what you are going to need for a 27,000 gallon pool :shock: :-D You are going to be closer to 20, I would bet.

I'm in SD also, so let me know if I can help. I've had the IC40 on my 24,000 gallon pool, so I am somewhat educated on it and am happy to help, if needed.

And zea3 is right; get some liquid in the pool so you don't have to fight algae when you get back home!

I would have your wife add 1 small jug of Clorox to the pool, in front of the return, each evening, until you come back. That's not alot, but its about 2ppm, and will help offset daily daytime losses, if you have built up your "min" before you left. This amount, she wouldn't have to worry about testing etc.
Now, if you plan to have the SWG operating and you have raised your FC level with liquid and verify everything's peachy before you leave, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. But if you are concerned, then she can safely add 2ppm daily without it affecting anything or hurting anything.

how confusing is the easy touch...

there has to be a flow to it but I am having a hard time...]

cicuits and features and aux and.....

also with my VS control wire plugged in to the ET it does not display speed or watts... I have told it that it is a VS but....

but the intellichlor is working well it says it is :)

sorry bout the rant
and thanks for the advice.

Thanks to a post that I read on here I found out that the control surface of the VS and IC40 will work when connected to the EasyTouch if it is in service mode. All the paperwork says is that if they are connected properly pushing any of the controls on the pump or SWG will not do anything. So last night I have everything hooked up and I can still change functions on both the pum and SWG.... I was in service mode. once I kicked it out of service mode pushing the controls on the pump and SWG did nothing. Thank you pentiar for having a poorly worded unintuitive users guide.

I have it all set up and running trying to see exactly what is going on as far as chemistry is a bit tough with test strips. My test kit will be here on Wednesday when I leave. So for now I am checking every few hours and seeing if I have enough chlorine.

As for as Salt goes I got aquachek test strips and Friday it read 900ppm or so. I added 6 40# bags of salt (240lbs) Saturday I took a sample to Leslies pool boys and they tested it at 2200ppm then i added 4 40#bags (160lbs) today my easy touch tells me I am at 3800ppm. So it seams as though some calculations are wrong. I don't have 27000 gallons of water.
My pool
deep end is 18' wide 9 1/2' deep
shallow end is 19' wide 3 1/2' deep
total length is 31'
a43e2f0f.jpg

The pool calculator gives me 26800...

I'll recheck my measurements

bartfriend said:
also with my VS control wire plugged in to the ET it does not display speed or watts... I have told it that it is a VS but....

With the pump running in auto mode, press menu to get to the settings, move to Intelliflo, select pump #1 (I assume), then status. After a delay where the ET is "talking" to the pump you will get RPM and Watts values displayed.

Semi, thanks for the offer I will hit you up when i get back in town
Poolmom, you are all over this site your name should be poolqueen!
Thanks bridges, after I took the ET out of service mode it saw it and displayed the proper RPM and Watts.

Anyone know how accurate the salinity reading is on the ET or the aquachek test strip. My ET says 3800 but my aquachek puts me at right at 3400... maybe tomorrow I will take a sample to the pool boys...
to get to the reading in the ET: Menu>Diagnostics>Chlorinator.

I'm happy to help, so have a safe trip and holler when you get back. I have my TF100 in the truck, so we can see where you really are and get you off and running!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.