Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite keeps blowing fuses

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Rite keeps blowing fuses

Please only ask any given question in one place. Topics merged. JasonLion

I have owned an Aqua Rite system for about 5 years. Last year I replaced the generator for the first time. Ever since I have been blowing fuses quite frequently. Any ideas as to why this is happening and what can be done to correct.

2. Back To Top    #2

Blowing Fuses

I have owned an Aqua Rite system for about 5 years. Last year I replaced the generator for the first time. Ever since I have been blowing fuses quite frequently. Any ideas as to why this is happening and what can be done to correct.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Blowing Fuses

Possibilities:

High salt will increase the water's conductivity, allowing too much current. It usually senses this but stuff happens.
    Larger cell and the controller doesn't know it.
    Dirty power source.
    Bridge rectifier failing.
    Poor ventilation.
    Bent pins on the connector.

That's about all I can think of without seeing it.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Aqua Rite keeps blowing fuses

I answered this when you asked int the SWG topic area.

blowing-fuses-t25922.html

Lets keep it there. This topic area here is meant for people new to pools and BBB.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Blowing Fuses

another thing could be - metal debris inside the cell shorting out plates

6. Back To Top    #6

Normally it means you have a short. Check your wires and make sure they are tight and not touching anything else. Turn off your power at the breaker box first

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

See any damage to the board? Check for burn marks on the front and back of the board.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

8. Back To Top    #8

where is the bridge retifier
    30,000 gals./ In ground/Vinyl liner/Cartridge filter/A.O Smith 1 1/2 HP Pump/Pool Installed in 2008/Tf-100 test kit just ordered/Aqua-Rite SWG/well water

9. Back To Top    #9

I cannot seem to get any help from my pool place regerding my aqua rite.I took the board off and there are no burn marks,replaced fuse holder,tried new fuses and same as usual when installed it blew instantly.I have a 40,000 gal inground with vinyl liner.Can this be the same problem that i see on other post the little black thing the size of a quarter?What else can i try.I am very handy but do not know what to do next.Please help
    30,000 gals./ In ground/Vinyl liner/Cartridge filter/A.O Smith 1 1/2 HP Pump/Pool Installed in 2008/Tf-100 test kit just ordered/Aqua-Rite SWG/well water

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by larbec
    Normally it means you have a short. Check your wires and make sure they are tight and not touching anything else. Turn off your power at the breaker box first
    This is a good point. Check your polarity as too it can make all the difference.
    24' round AG 15K gals. DIY solar heater. SolarChlor Max producing free chlorine!!. Pool is crystal clear!! Doing my best to use natural products or processes.