Florida Pool Codes

Aug 7, 2010
We are looking to build a new pool down the road. We have a friend who is looking to get rid of a pool fence in another state. I can't find out what the pool codes are for Duval County or Florida in general. I need to decide today so I can't call the building inspector. Does anyone know a good website or know what the fence code is?

The link brentr provided is good for the Space Coast - Brevard county, but it's worth pointing out my town supplemented the code to require the fence to be at least 36" away from the water vice 20" in virtually all the rest of the county (Brevard). Something to check.

If you PM me an e-mail address I'll e-mail you a copy of chapter 41 of the 2007 Florida building code (still current AFAIK) , which deals with residential pools. If you want to Google search look for the following part of Chapter 41, "R4101.17 Residential swimming barrier requirement", should also look at Florida Statute 515.29.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.