Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool light lens covers

1. Back To Top    #1

pool light lens covers

My pool builder gave me some Hayward lens covers for the pools lights but they don't fit. The lights don't have a name on them. Does anyone use lens covers for there lights?
    17,000 gal in ground with spa, wet edge surface, Paramount PCC 2000 in-floor cleaner,Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520 Cartridge filter, 3 hp Pentair Intelliflo VS SVRS pump , waterfall with 1 1/2 hp booster, Del ozone Eclipse1 ozonator, puck feeder. Borates added 8/2/2010

2. Back To Top    #2
    Toms River, NJ

Re: pool light lens covers

My light has covers. In the link below go down to Lights, this is my light with the blue lens cover on.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG

3. Back To Top    #3

North Central Texas

Before putting in a color changing LED bulb (replacement bulb only into old light) I tried to use the covers but the Polaris 280 kept knocking them off and if I didn't rescue them in time the Polaris would drag them around the pool scratching them up and sometimes even chipping off the edges. That was the only pool cleaner I had, at the time, so I don't know if other types of cleaners will do that.

I have little covers for my free standing spa light and they fit on very tightly. If the pool light covers fit as tightly as the spa light covers I don't know if the Polaris would have knocked them off.

My pool light is an old Amerlite (possibly Pentair now), 8" lens, 120 volt; pretty standard in old pools. It uses a big incandescent bulb with standard Edison socket. The plastic covers fit over the glass lens between the inside edge of the metal outer ring and the lens.

1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

4. Back To Top    #4
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I got an assortment of light covers with the house, they all looked like new as if they had never been in the water so we spent an evening of trying them out and ohh and ahhh'ing at the pretty lights...then they went into the corner never to be used again. They seemed to cut the light output severely and the different colors were just a novelty that wore off in an hour or so.

All the kids and the wife agree, plain white light was better for our baby blue liner color.
    55 Kilolitre in-ground 18'X36' vinyl lined kidney shape, 1HP pump, Jacuzzi 250lb sand filter, RayPak Delta T 200K BTU natural gas heater. New PoolWerks "Blue Diffusion" liner on May 26th-2011