Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: It's been how long since you've cleaned your filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

It's been how long since you've cleaned your filter?

I got just got a new a customer with a forest-green pool (CYA ~100) - built in 2001.

Seems Leslie's installed a VS-SVRS last year on his system and ramped down the speed, and he almost immediately got algae and hasn't had it under control since (I told him the correlation with the new pump was likely a coincidence).

Anyway, draining the pool, and start tearin' down the DE filter - open it up and there's about 3-4" of DE covering almost everything. The thing is green and it reaks. Clumps - large clumps just slough off... some hit the ground with a "clunk".

So, I pull the grids and take them out front to hose them down, and right then the customer comes home.

I ask him - "When was the last time the filter was opened-up, tore-down and cleaned?"
    He replies with a confused look.... "opened-up????"

I love my job.
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: It's been how long since you've cleaned your filter?

Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Be grateful they're paying you to do it

4. Back To Top    #4

Holy . . . wow
    Summer: 19 x 37 Pacific Graphex IG modified oval, aztec marine vinyl liner, 24,000 gal, 3.5 feet to 8 feet, 1 hp Hayward C4025 Swim Clear 4-cartridge filter, 12.5% Liquid Pool Shock for sanitizing, 1 super wide mouth skimmer, 4 returns (2 therapy jets in steps), Hayward Heat Pro heat pump, non-curved pool slide, 6' jump board, 8 ml blue solar cover, TF-100 test kit, had pink algae in 2010 Winter: Hot Springs Vista Spa, 500 gallons.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by teapot
    Be grateful they're paying you to do it
    I agree with your emoticon... I normally take pictures of new customer messes and post them to my businesses FB page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Krysta...6287302744176?- that's how she found me. But when her husband handed me the check last night he said, "My wife would really appreciate it if you didn't post our pool on your page...", so I didn't take pictures

- Jeff
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)