Finally up and running!

kyk96

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 14, 2009
We finally have our pool up an running. I will spare everyone the gory details, but here is a summary, looooong ground prep, walls up, connectors plates on wrong, wall off, wind, pool together, thunderstorms with high winds, wall collapsed, wall back up, liner in, water guy (who also installs pools) had us trying to stretch liner too much, liner rips, new liner, more water and now we are swimming. I hope this pool lasts a long time, cause I don't think I ever want to do this again! Anyway, here is a pic of the finished product.[attachment=0:lc1x1qbx]DSC01305 (Small).JPG[/attachment:lc1x1qbx]

Here are my test results

FC 3
CC 0
ph 7.3
T/A 140
CH 110
CYA 20

Started with just bleach and CYA. Water looks pretty good, maybe could be a bit clearer. Any suggestions? Pool sees full sun pretty much all day, water temp is about 86 degrees.

Also getting a lot of very tiny bubbles through the return. Do I need to bleed air from somewhere? If so, how? Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC01305 (Small).JPG
    DSC01305 (Small).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 208
You might want to bump up your CYA a bit to 30 or 40. At 20 ppm you will burn off your chlorine faster than desired. You could also bump the FC up 1 or 2 ppm. When you say it "could be a bit clearer" what does it look like exactly? The TA seems high, but am not sure if it is any factor.

Thanks for the reply Carlos. I will grab a little more CYA and bump it up to 30-40.. The water seems pretty clear, but I would not say it "sparkles ". Maybe I am just being too picky?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.