Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is my Circupool RJ30 putting out amount chlorine claimed?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is my Circupool RJ30 putting out amount chlorine claimed?

I just installed a Circupool RJ30. How can I figure out if it is putting out the amount of chlorine it claims to? I have a 10,500 gal pool. I thought I would be able to run it at a lower % and shorter amount of time since it is for a 30,000 gal pool. That isn't happening.
    I have been continually raising the % and the time. Yesterday before the unit turned on the FC was 3.6 (I had added chlorox the day before). I then ran it for 6 hrs at 100%. At the end of the day the FC was 3.6. I thought it would go much higher.

FC 2.4 (this am)
    pH 7.5
    TA @110
    Salt 3900
    CYA 110
    Calcium 400

Am I expecting too much?
    10,500 gal; Hayward S244T sand filter GPM/FT 20; Intelliflo Vairiable Speed pump; 3/4 hp PAC FAB Challenger pump; IG; plaster ; CircuPool RJ60 SWG; Polaris 280 pool sweep

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is my Circupool RJ30 putting out amount chlorine claimed?

You should do an overnight FC loss test to make sure you don't have something growing in the water using up all your chlorine. Chances are you have a very mild algae problem, that is being help in check enough that you don't see anything, but which is not being completely killed off.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I goofed The FC yesterday was 3.2 in am and pm. So there was a drop of 0.8 overnight( It was 2.4 this am).
    10,500 gal; Hayward S244T sand filter GPM/FT 20; Intelliflo Vairiable Speed pump; 3/4 hp PAC FAB Challenger pump; IG; plaster ; CircuPool RJ60 SWG; Polaris 280 pool sweep

4. Back To Top    #4

This evening the FC was 3.8 with 8 hours at 90%. We are leaving a a 2 week trip tomorrow morning. Should I shock it with chlorox before we leave?

5. Back To Top    #5

Kick your runtime up to 10 hours a day and set your unit on 80%. Your pool will be fine.
    Enjoy your trip. I have been using this system for two years and I have no problems.