Aqua Rite Displays 'hot'

Aug 5, 2010
My Aqua Rite SWG system shows 'hot' in the display. Low salt and check cell lights stay illuminated. Salt level reads 1500 but water check shows it to be in range. I replaced the resistor that so many have had problems with but to no avail. I have ordered a replacement cell (still under warranty). Perhaps that is the problem.
Any suggestions?

Welcome to TFP!!

Is this a new install?

Is the control box set to the cell you have (default is the T-15) If the control box isn't 'synchronized' to the cell, the readings can get 'funky',

While it's possible that you got a defective cell, I wish you had read here first, I've got a 'test' cell that I'm willing to send to the good folks here for free.

I hope you solve your issue and will enlighten us as to the cause and cure :)

waste said:
Welcome to TFP!!

Is this a new install?

Is the control box set to the cell you have (default is the T-15) If the control box isn't 'synchronized' to the cell, the readings can get 'funky',

While it's possible that you got a defective cell, I wish you had read here first, I've got a 'test' cell that I'm willing to send to the good folks here for free.

I hope you solve your issue and will enlighten us as to the cause and cure :)

Ted, I will keep this in mind when they go to hook mine up. The guy building the pool said the Aqua Rite that I got is the one he uses and said it was the top of the line. So hopefully he knows how to synchronize it.

It is not a new install. Pool is about 6 years old. I replaced the cell almost exactly 1 year ago so it is still under warranty. Has been working fine until last week. Should receive a warranty replacement in a few days. That is very kind of you to offer a cell for testing. I may need to take you up on that someday. It would certainly be nice to confirm a bad part before ordering a new one (not that they cost much :lol: ).

I also have 'hot' showing in the display of my AquaRite.
I've downloaded every AquaRite manual that Google seems to be able to find and I'm not sure if the 'hot' indication in the display is a problem? Can someone point me to where I find out what this means?

Came back from vacation - 'hot' was showing, chlorine residual was 0, water slightly cloudy......
Backwashed a dirty filter, lowered pH, flipped AquaRite to Superchlorinate and residual has moved up to 0.5 over the course of the day so it appears to be generating chlorine.....(hoping the slight green tinge and cloudiness disappear with the pH adjustment and the clean filter over the next day.

Does anyone have a pointer or info on what that 'hot' display means?
Thanks in advance for anything you can pass along.

BTW - AquaRite was installed when pool was built in fall 2008 - this is it's second year and has worked perfectly up til now.

Well......pool company came.
They spent an hour on the line with Goldline support and didn't get much from them. Pool company had a new cell in stock. They swapped cells to see if symptoms changed and it appears to be working perfectly. I now have a new cell which was replaced under warranty.
I was wrong in my post above. Superchlorinate did nothing - residual stayed at 0. Had to shock the pool to get chlorine to start clearing pool. Now that the generator is working again it's running on Superchlorinate to try and clear this baby up before the weekend......clean, clear water for some swimming!

Did you shock the pool or did you just add some product labeled "shock"? There's a big difference in shocking and throwing a bag of product labeled shock in the pool. If you truly shocked the pool to completion then you have no need to run the SWCG on superchlorinate. If you didn't complete the shock process then you should "shock" the pool (the process not the product) until you pass the OCLT (overnight chlorine loss test). It burns up amp-hours on the SWCG to run it in superchlorinate and won't really shock a pool that needs it anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.