Looking for pool shape ideas

Aug 4, 2010
Hi, first post to this forum...been reading a while to get some ideas. My backyard is narrow at one end and opens up at the other. Narrow end, keeping in mind concrete and space to the fence and deck, will allow me to get 12 feet of pool in width (for about 15 feet of length) and then I can expand to 16 feet width (for about 20 feet). My plan is to utilize the narrow end for shallow and then as it widens, drop to deep. The shape will be a humback kidney.

I will post pictures of the yard later today. Does anyone have suggestions or pictures of similar pool setups?

Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

I'd recommend you take the time to understand the effect pool shape has on the use of a solar blanket. I realize you may not be able to choose a shape that is good for a solar blanket reel, but sometimes minor changes can make a big difference in how convenient it is to use.

Styx555 said:
If over the pool, how is the 4-5 feet covered? Do you essentially have 2 solar blankets?

No, you anchor your straps on the cover directly under the reel and it rolls it up from both directions. Sometimes you have to unfold the short end by hand when putting the cover on the pool.

JohnT said:
Styx555 said:
If over the pool, how is the 4-5 feet covered? Do you essentially have 2 solar blankets?

No, you anchor your straps on the cover directly under the reel and it rolls it up from both directions. Sometimes you have to unfold the short end by hand when putting the cover on the pool.

Yep, what JohnT said. If I think of it, i'll snap a pict of how I have mine and post it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A few pics to help out. The pool will be 36 feet long, 13 feet wide at shallow end and 17 feet wide at deep end

Attachments

• IMG_9392.bmp
    324.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_9390.bmp
    324.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_9391.bmp
    324.1 KB · Views: 113
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.