Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete decking

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete decking

Our concrete decking was put in with the pool install and the installer put on a 'kool-deck' type product. Charged $2/sq ft extra. It was still too hat to stand on in the middle of summer. He has repainted it to a light tan which I don't really caree for but made it a little more tolerable. still very hot for the little ones to walk on. The coping is travertine and stays fairly cool. At least tolerable. We have ZERO shade aroundthe pool all day, except for umbrellas. Any ideas on cooling the decking? Do you think the coating was not really a kooldeck but just a texture?
    20K Gal Blue Plaster IG with rock waterfall, Beach Entry, Hayward Goldline Pro Logic controller and SWG,
    Sta-Rite System 3 S7M400 cartridge filter, 1-1/2 HP pump, Energy Therm Heat Pump, Nexxus Savi LED lighting

500 Gal Dynasty Miramax Fiberglass Cinema Spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Concrete decking

We had acrylic lace installed with our pool and it gets pretty hot. Like you mentioned to hot for the kids to walk on and honestly to hot for us as well. They say true kool-deck stays 20 degrees cooler than bare concrete. I dont think there are many options other than shade.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Outdoor carpet mat stays cool and be soaked to lower the temp more
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

4. Back To Top    #4

I found out the "kool-deck" he used is Multi-coat products Top Coat 2000. I don't think this is real kool deck is it?
    20K Gal Blue Plaster IG with rock waterfall, Beach Entry, Hayward Goldline Pro Logic controller and SWG,
    Sta-Rite System 3 S7M400 cartridge filter, 1-1/2 HP pump, Energy Therm Heat Pump, Nexxus Savi LED lighting

500 Gal Dynasty Miramax Fiberglass Cinema Spa