Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plaster

1. Back To Top    #1

Plaster

I have a Plaster pool that was installed last year. I chose a midnight blue plaster but on the day the crew came to install the plaster they had Hawaiian blue. Almost a baby blue. The pool installer assured me it would darken and look good. I have become accustomed to the color, but there are alot of whiteish streaks and stains that have been there since day 1. Installer told me that they would fade in over time. there are also quite a few areas that look 'thin'. Some areas have various colored dots starting to show up. I'm assuming they are the crystals in the plaster starting to show through but they are only in a few areas. I know nothing about plaster and wouls welcome any advice on what I am dealing with.
    20K Gal Blue Plaster IG with rock waterfall, Beach Entry, Hayward Goldline Pro Logic controller and SWG,
    Sta-Rite System 3 S7M400 cartridge filter, 1-1/2 HP pump, Energy Therm Heat Pump, Nexxus Savi LED lighting

500 Gal Dynasty Miramax Fiberglass Cinema Spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plaster

Some pictures would help. I can't believe they applied the wrong color! I would have blown a head gasket!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll try to get some pics uploaded today. I was not happy when I saw it but the pool guy said (while they were mixing plaster) they didn't have the other in stock and it would take two (more) weeks to get it.
    20K Gal Blue Plaster IG with rock waterfall, Beach Entry, Hayward Goldline Pro Logic controller and SWG,
    Sta-Rite System 3 S7M400 cartridge filter, 1-1/2 HP pump, Energy Therm Heat Pump, Nexxus Savi LED lighting

500 Gal Dynasty Miramax Fiberglass Cinema Spa

4. Back To Top    #4

That is astonishing.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden