Beaded or overlap?

May 13, 2009
Mn
I know this has been discussed before, and it may be too premature for us (HOA denied our request for a pool).

But Family Leisure says NO beaded, because if the liner shifts, it will come out of the bead. My thought - ummm, well then that would be a problem if the pool shifted...maybe a bad install? Or does the pool really shift?

Another pool store - sells f.k.a Esther Williams - says beaded is just fine.

So do most people have overlap because it is easy and cheaper? Can you cut the liner up to the rails so that we don't have to look at it from the outside? I know that a visible liner on the outside would for sure be a problem for the HOA.

Thanks for your thoughts.

No pool yet, waiting to hear on Appeal to HOA.
MN

It would seem that trimming the overlap would give you the same issues as the beaded liner if the pool shifted, if you follow Family Leisure's logic. I have heard that you can fold up the excess liner so it is not visible from the outside. I have had a "J" liner for 5 years with no issues so far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.