Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Grandchildren, pools, and bodily functions

1. Back To Top    #1

Ridgeway, SC

Grandchildren, pools, and bodily functions

It occurred to me this weekend that I've neither seen nor understood the impact of the old "peeing in the pool" issue. I have 6 grandkids (and a couple of slovenly brothers and in-laws), and while they all say they wouldn't dare, I noticed over a several hour span that I was the only one that ever had to use the facilities (I like the shrubbery on the north side of the house, but Ms Dogface really raises h*ll and says I'm drawing flies! The idea!). So, I suspect chlorine demand goes up... and, as needed I add bleach, but, are there any other conditions/requirements?

I read the string started by Chem Geek in 2007..... that was an hour ago, and I just got the hysterical laughing under control enough to write this....

FC - 4.0
    TC - 4.0
    PH - 7.5
    CYA - 85
    TA - 110
    CH - 370
    17,000 gal fiberglass. 1.5hp pump, Pentair 60 sf DE filter and Pentair chlorine generator, TF Test Kit, BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Grandchildren, pools, and bodily functions

Not really, just make sure that your FC doesn't fall below minimum and you will be fine.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Grandchildren, pools, and bodily functions

You need to read the thread last year by '8cornflakes' for a good report on what "No P in the ool" really means.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit