Acid Pump Protection

benavidescj

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2010
Fleming Island, FL
Just bought the a Rola-Chem pump for acid and the manual says the unit should be protected from rain, sun, etc. How important is this? I want to put it outside against the wall where all my other pool equipment is. It will be shaded most of the day, but it would see rain from time to time. If it has to be protected does anyone have any ideas on what to use as a cover/housing. I am having a hard time finding a NEMA 3R housing that is that deep. How about a cover of some sort instead of a housing? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Easy. Go wander through housewares. Find a big squarish tupperware-type container. Mount it on the wall. Cut out openings on the bottom for the cord and hoses to exit. Mount the pump in it. Snap on the lid. Weathertight unless there's a sprinkler or something that will blow up into the openings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.