Help Never had low pressue and now down to 6 and then a 3

May 12, 2009
I had been gone and didn't check my pool skimmer and pump skimmer basket for a couple days. I just checked tonight and it was full of large leaves. Cleaned out and back washed and pressure was at 6 then went to a 3. I have never in 3 years had it this low. Water level is good, so I am not sure what to do to fix it?

update_____
I just took out the pump skimmer and stuck my fingers into the opening and feel a bunch of matted up leaves, etc, is there a way to take that part off and clear our do I need really long tweezers?

Yes,
I actually just cleaned out a ton of impacted leaf debri from section of the pump skimmer that is a tunnel, kinda towards the impellar if that makes sense. Pressure went up to 11 so I guess that might have been the problem but still not up to 12 like in the past. ????

There could still be some debris left inside the impeller vanes. You could try and run water backwards through the pump (without pump basket) via a drain king. Otherwise, the only other way to fully clean out an impeller is to disassemble the pump wet end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.