Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help Never had low pressue and now down to 6 and then a 3

1. Back To Top    #1

Help Never had low pressue and now down to 6 and then a 3

I had been gone and didn't check my pool skimmer and pump skimmer basket for a couple days. I just checked tonight and it was full of large leaves. Cleaned out and back washed and pressure was at 6 then went to a 3. I have never in 3 years had it this low. Water level is good, so I am not sure what to do to fix it?

update_____
    I just took out the pump skimmer and stuck my fingers into the opening and feel a bunch of matted up leaves, etc, is there a way to take that part off and clear our do I need really long tweezers?
    21 ft Round Dough Boy
    3/4 horsepower Dough Boy PowerPak II pump
    Vinyl Liner
    baqua goo convert

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help Never had low pressue and now down to 6 and then a 3

Sand filter?

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes,
    I actually just cleaned out a ton of impacted leaf debri from section of the pump skimmer that is a tunnel, kinda towards the impellar if that makes sense. Pressure went up to 11 so I guess that might have been the problem but still not up to 12 like in the past. ????
    21 ft Round Dough Boy
    3/4 horsepower Dough Boy PowerPak II pump
    Vinyl Liner
    baqua goo convert

4. Back To Top    #4

There could still be some debris left inside the impeller vanes. You could try and run water backwards through the pump (without pump basket) via a drain king. Otherwise, the only other way to fully clean out an impeller is to disassemble the pump wet end.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Your sand could be clumped... You may want to inspect it.