Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jacuzzi motor replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Jacuzzi motor replacement

I have a Jacuzzi Magnum Plus 1 hp pump that died. Does anyone know of a non-Jacuzzi (they are gone apparently) motor that will bolt right into the Jacuzzi housing and where would I get one affordable?

Thanks alll!
    17,000 gal in ground with spa, wet edge surface, Paramount PCC 2000 in-floor cleaner,Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520 Cartridge filter, 3 hp Pentair Intelliflo VS SVRS pump , waterfall with 1 1/2 hp booster, Del ozone Eclipse1 ozonator, puck feeder. Borates added 8/2/2010

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jacuzzi motor replacement

That motor wasn't built by Jacuzzi. It's most likely an A.O.Smith or a Marathon motor. If you can read the nameplate you should be able to find an exact replacement. If you can't tell post a pic of it and some of us may be able to gleen some info from it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you! I see now that it is an AO Smith #c48k2n143c1c. Any idea where to get the best deal on a replacement?
    17,000 gal in ground with spa, wet edge surface, Paramount PCC 2000 in-floor cleaner,Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520 Cartridge filter, 3 hp Pentair Intelliflo VS SVRS pump , waterfall with 1 1/2 hp booster, Del ozone Eclipse1 ozonator, puck feeder. Borates added 8/2/2010

4. Back To Top    #4

I can't make any recommendations about where to buy a replacement but if you look around on the net you can find several places that stock replacement motors.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit