Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dumpster pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Dumpster pool

Heh heh! I like the part where it mentions that he just adds half a bottle of bleach per day.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Dumpster ... 14039.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dumpster pool

shoo-wee, they may be adding bleach but what's to stop the water from turning into soup without circulation and a filter?
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

3. Back To Top    #3

Although I do admire their ingenuity!

I think it is terrible that the city shut down the public pools this year. I know Dallas is hurting financially, but I'll bet I could trim enough waste from the budget to keep the pools open if they let me at it...
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

That "tarp" looks like it has some mildew and dirt on it. And her water is looking a little cloudy.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

maybe with a large aquarium pump and filter system they would be all set - wonder if they are familiar with the FC/CYA relationship?
    25 K gal, vinyl, IG, next to forest,liquid chlorine and tab chlorinator backup,55gpm sand filter,1.5hp pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Can you imagine what the water will look like in a week . . two weeks . . a month . . .
    Summer: 19 x 37 Pacific Graphex IG modified oval, aztec marine vinyl liner, 24,000 gal, 3.5 feet to 8 feet, 1 hp Hayward C4025 Swim Clear 4-cartridge filter, 12.5% Liquid Pool Shock for sanitizing, 1 super wide mouth skimmer, 4 returns (2 therapy jets in steps), Hayward Heat Pro heat pump, non-curved pool slide, 6' jump board, 8 ml blue solar cover, TF-100 test kit, had pink algae in 2010 Winter: Hot Springs Vista Spa, 500 gallons.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Thats awesome!!!
    Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself for he will never cease to be amused.
    To teach is to learn twice.
    My Pool. 20 x 40 120,000 litres (about 30k gal) sand filter, a pump of some type...lol & a bunch of neighbourhood kids.

8. Back To Top    #8

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/greenpic...rk-avenue.html

Or, you can do it right...as befits a Park Avenue address. That's Grand Central Station in the background, and, yes, it has a filtration system.

Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.

9. Back To Top    #9

dumpster pools are hittin New York as well..hehe
    http://green.yahoo.com/blog/greenpicks/ ... venue.html