Pool aereation and SPA's

saraiks

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Fremont, CA
I have a Spa which is connected to the pool with a small spillway and shares the pumps etc. Is it OK to run the Jets for Aereating the pool water to raise the pH? I will have the water coming in to the pump from the pool, going through the filter, into the SPA and back to the pool.

Yes. Spa jets are great for aeration and will raise the PH quite quickly. Just make sure that there is enough flow into the pool so the PH in the spa doesn't get out of hand. The first time you try this it is best to be around so you can see how fast the PH is rising and make sure there is enough mixing with the pool.

There are so many variables, TA, PH, amount of aeration for your particular jets, size of pool, temperature, that I can't make a serious estimate. I would guess a couple of hours to a day. If you watch it for a couple of hours you will get a good sense of how things are going.

Just keep in mind that the PH rise will slow as the PH rises. If you really want to speed things along add acid every hour to get the PH back down to 7.0-7.2.

I have a stand alone spa so things will be different but keep a eye on the ph for the spa. I dropt the ph with acid and it only took ten minutes to raise back up. I was able to drop 50 in the ta in ten minutes. so watch that ph in the spa :eek:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.