I'm just wondering what anyones thoughts were on UV for chloromine reduction. I was originally going to fit UV and a chlorine tab feeder until I found this site and realised my CYA would hit maximum too quickly. So I am now thinking of using SWG and am thinking that maybe the UV won't be needed because the chloromines won't be produced. I'm still new here and I have noticed how little anyone speaks about chloromines. I was led that these were an inevitable result of using chlorine and that shocking broke these DPB's back into chlorine? Yet a lot of people here say that if you mantain proper FC all the time ( ie with a SWG or careful testing and dosing) you should never need to shock. These two statements do not sit well together.
Another semi-relatedpoint, when you run with higher CYA and therefore a higher FC level, is your CL consumption higher or is it just that you maintain a higher level and usage remains the same?