Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor "rock" speakers

1. Back To Top    #1

Outdoor "rock" speakers

Does anyone use or know anything or have an opinion about outdoor rock speakers. I like the idea of them and they will fit in well with my (under construction) pool.....there are lots of rocks in the area and we're going to have some that were dug up placed around the pool area.

I don't know anything about them, but I did find this site:

http://www.outdoorspeakers.net/Rock_Spe ... c_251.html

I'd love to hear opinions about brands, quality (of the speaker and of the sound), durability, etc.

Thanks!
    Bart
    700 sq. ft./30,000 gal, gunite pool; 48 SF DE filter; 1.5 HP pump; Salt Water Generator; Solar Heat

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Outdoor "rock" speakers

We have some. Ours look like the "holiday Special" on the link you provided. We have 4 of them around the pool/deck area. They were good enough to get the neighbors all worked up over the noise. Called the police on us more than once for noise violation! I do like my music loud!!
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey Bart, my girlfriend works for soundadvice and they have a bunch of cool outdoor "rock speakers"

Hope this helps....

http://www.soundadvice.com/Speakers-C1. ... ce=40&m=38
    Anton and Michele

11.5K Gallon (14X30), In Ground Fiberglass Pool, Hayward Aqua Rite Salt Chlorinator, Hayward Super II 1 hp Pump, Hayward Star Clear Plus 90sqf Cartridge Filter, TF100 Test Kit, BBB
    Well ok, the construction is still ongoing but i just want to dump SOME bleach in that dang pool

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a pair of Sonance that work well.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I've been looking at some outdoor speakers at Monoprice: http://www.monoprice.com/products/subde ... p_id=10904
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

6. Back To Top    #6

Watch Amazon for deals. I just bought a pair of Boston Acoustics Voyager Outdoor Rock Speakers (VOYARK5S) from Amazon. The Sandstone model was usually 214 and I got them for 77 bucks a piece last Sunday. The Granite type was running 198 each. They have a great sound to them and seem durable.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

7. Back To Top    #7

Not sure where you live, but you can always try Costco. Best part, no questions asked "return policy"!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet ... =C&topnav=

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm VERY Happy with my FreeSpace 51 Environmental Bose speakers. You can hide them behind any landscaping and bury them 4 inches below grade. I've got 4 surrounding my entire pool and the sound is really good!
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit

9. Back To Top    #9

These are cool....battery operated ( 8-10 hrs) subwoffer and 4 speakers each. They are wireless and connect to ipod,computer, tv, turntables/mixer, etc.... we are going to go with these speakers in our backyard I will let you know how they sound when we get them.

http://www.soundadvice.com/SoundCast-Ou ... P2803.aspx
    Anton and Michele

11.5K Gallon (14X30), In Ground Fiberglass Pool, Hayward Aqua Rite Salt Chlorinator, Hayward Super II 1 hp Pump, Hayward Star Clear Plus 90sqf Cartridge Filter, TF100 Test Kit, BBB
    Well ok, the construction is still ongoing but i just want to dump SOME bleach in that dang pool

10. Back To Top    #10

Pool1999-
    Did you install your wireless speakers yet? Any updates?

11. Back To Top    #11

Installed a pair of insigna (Best Buy) rock speakers. Got them from the wife as an anniversary present. They were on sale for $65 for Father's Day last weekend. I put them in the corners of the pool screen. I control them with volume controls. The Flamingo Room has a pair of Bose 151 SE. I was quit amazed with the sound coming from these speakers. From the pool we can listen to music in quadraphonic sound This set up sounds great and will run the neighbors out of their house

Controls for both pairs of speakers.

Bose speakers in the Flamingo Lounge.

Pic showing the Dolphin Bar and Grill. To the left is the Flamingo Lounge.

6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade