Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pretty cool stuff

1. Back To Top    #1

Pretty cool stuff

Thanks again folks for an awesome looking pool and the savings on chemicals is awesome too....

Today when I pulled my cover off ... I saw a clear soda bottle that I threw in about 4 weeks ago in the bottom of the pool to watch my water currents and to use as a guage to see how clear the pool water was ...the darn thing had about an inch of really green algae in the bottom.. .pool is crystal clear... running about 6 on the FC......im thinking that the water inside the plastic bottle lost all its clorine and allowed algae to form..... kinda made me smile.. all the hard work and testing really paid off.. .thanks again scott
    20000 gal. 28' round
    1.5 hp pump
    3.5 and 6 deep
    22" round meteor sand filter
    tf-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pretty cool stuff

Well jump in and cap that bottle before the algae gets out!
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow. Kind of a cool experiment to show what pool sanitation does. Thanks for posting this.
    18'x24' (10,000 gal) above ground pool, 19" Proline sand filter (45 GPM), Jacuzzi 1.5 HP 2 speed pump

4. Back To Top    #4

maybe ill keep it in there and take a pic.. see how dark it gets... the cap is on to the first reply... scott
    20000 gal. 28' round
    1.5 hp pump
    3.5 and 6 deep
    22" round meteor sand filter
    tf-100 test kit