Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: More rain! Is this possible?

1. Back To Top    #1

More rain! Is this possible?

11.31" to date for the month of August (so far) and more rain coming. Average is 3.82"

UGH!

dan
    33' Aqua-Leader AGP
    Hayward cartridge filter and IntelliFlo VS pump.
    Solar Heat coming ; used to own Aqua-Cal HeatWave 100k (HeatPump)
    Aqua-Rite t-15 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Send some of it here. Boy, it does sound wretched back there. I've been hearing about a lot of flooding in the midwest.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

3. Back To Top    #3

we started with a very dry summer this year in north central Ohio. Now we are getting major flooding. The pool over flowed one night with the rain. I have never seen it over flow in one night before. I live on the top ove rolling hills so I dont have the problems most are having in Ohio. Ohio soil is heavy clay so we cant take the heavy rains and the flooding stays. It is very sad what the weather is doing to some parts here as well as other parts of the country.
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

4. Back To Top    #4

Blow some this way! We are about 6" low for the month and are going through a major drought. My father-in-law has a Christmas tree farm and is losing most of his trees and paying crazy prices to water them. Farmers are losing crops and some counties are even shutting people's water off if they "waste" water by washing their cars or filling their pools. It's crazy, for sure.
    -Rachel

No pool yet...doing massive research!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Sorry to hear what's happened in Ohio. We got a lot of rain up here also, not as bad though.
    My pool overfilled and dumped from the top of the skimmer to my yard. I have a new paver patio that goes around half of the pool diameter, unfortunately the other half is low and so is a portion of my house. Needless to say my wife called me home from work only to find water pouring in through my basement window. What a mess. Once I pumped out the backyard to the street and dried out the basement, all is much better. I still can not believe how much rain came down in order for the pool to overfill - I keep the water level right around the center screws on the skimmer.
    2007 - 24' AG Doughboy Desert Spring dished 1.5', with DB Power Pak II-1hp pump, DB Sequel I Plus DE, Hayward H-Series Heater 100k + 8gal LQ.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by venusflyer
    Blow some this way! We are about 6" low for the month and are going through a major drought. My father-in-law has a Christmas tree farm and is losing most of his trees and paying crazy prices to water them. Farmers are losing crops and some counties are even shutting people's water off if they "waste" water by washing their cars or filling their pools. It's crazy, for sure.
    I read that this morning, too. I also read in the paper that Hendersonville has asked for voluntary restrictions, which I hadn't heard from anyone till I read it. Kind of scary, seeing how Hendersonville juts out into Old Hickory lake.

I've had to switch my pump run time from days to nights since my trees have decided to call it a year and dump their leaves. Before I switched, I had two close calls where the skimmer was full of leaves, blocking water flow to the pump. I'm going to try splitting up my run time between 4A - 9A and then 4P-9P to see if I can do that without getting my pump clogged up.

We need rain, and we need it badly.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

7. Back To Top    #7
    Holy moly!

what a one two punch!

Ric, looks like we're sending a couple of strong ones over your way. Hopefully they'll dissipate.

dan
    33' Aqua-Leader AGP
    Aqua-Rite t-15 SWG

8. Back To Top    #8

hay Dan I hope it doesnt hit us. Shelby Ohio about ten miles from here lost 2 schools. It is a small town and that will be hard on them. I also wonted to tell you I went to Joliet grade school about 1956, bet that school is gone.
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

9. Back To Top    #9
    I sure hope it doesn't hit you guys either.

Oh I'd say there's a good chance it's still there. Which one?

stay dry!

dan
    33' Aqua-Leader AGP
    Aqua-Rite t-15 SWG

10. Back To Top    #10

The storms did miss us and it looks like it will be a nice day today. The school I was talking about was a grade school. Dont know the name but it was probably the only one. It was about three stories high and had a huge tube slide for fires. that was a long time ago. I was in first grade, now i am retired and have a three year old daughter.(retired, three year old daughter and pool, life is good)
    Ric W
    Ric W
    My Pool

11. Back To Top    #11

Re: More rain! Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin
    11.31" to date for the month of August (so far) and more rain coming. Average is 3.82"

UGH!

dan
    Hey neighbor!

this totally sucks. They said we locally have gotten 17inces + in the last week. My pool has overflowed and remained there. I was able to get in an hour of clean time yesterday, I expected it to be a mess and it wasn't bad, I even had some chlorine left (haven't added any since Saturday). Did the bleach thing, put the cover back on, (temp was dropping, filter is dirty and heater won't kick in, but when does hubby have time to clean it, cause it's been raining every stinken' night). One hour after replacing the cover, the 70mph + winds came and blew it off, along with everything on the deck. This August has not been good, hardly used the pool at all.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

12. Back To Top    #12
    Hi frustratedpoolmom

We're sitting at nearly 18.5" of rainfall for August so far My pool has also been constantly overflowing. Now it's looking like it will soon be closing time sniff...sniff

dan
    33' Aqua-Leader AGP
    Aqua-Rite t-15 SWG