Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deck is finished and the pool has been great for 2 years..

1. Back To Top    #1

Deck is finished and the pool has been great for 2 years..

Well the deck has finally started in the back yard. Hoping it will be done in a week or so as summer is going by fast. I will take pics to show the build along the way. the deck is 37*12 on 2 sides and makes a nice big area in the corner.

24' AGP Sentinelle 54" , 1hp 2 speed power-flo matrix, New 250K to replace the 150k BTU heater, pool roover Jr. Aqua Trol SWG, Large deck, taylor k-2006, Majestic Stairs with colored LED, COLD BEER

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deck is finally started

Awesome!!! i'm jealous....
    1) 16500 gallons
    2) 150 lb sand filter
    3) 28' AG DoughBoy
    4) Vinyl
    5) 1.5 hp
    6) TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice. We are looking for ideas as to how to add to our deck so I'll be watching this carefully.
    Currently Pooless

Former Pool:Buster Crabbe resin and steel 30'x15' oval 52" ABG pool Pentair sand dollar filter 1.5 Pentair Dynamo pump13,500 gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks.. yes if you see we have a small 12*10 sized deck already. We are stepping up from that to this with a 6 foot wide gate. We have a 3 yr old so we are going to have it gated. We also have the pool alarm installed that warms if the surface has been broken and also a home security system that has door alarms. Then in the corner I have an outdoor motion detector that will be attached that will alarm if somehow he makes it out the door and through the gate. He will not be able to beat the motion detector I am thinking. I just do not feel we can have enough safety measures in place. These pools r fun but the thought of something happening to my little guy makes me crazy. We had a 3 yr old drown 10 miles away a couple months ago and that's always on my mind...
    24' AGP Sentinelle 54" , 1hp 2 speed power-flo matrix, New 250K to replace the 150k BTU heater, pool roover Jr. Aqua Trol SWG, Large deck, taylor k-2006, Majestic Stairs with colored LED, COLD BEER

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by gqjeff
    Thanks.. yes if you see we have a small 12*10 sized deck already. We are stepping up from that to this with a 6 foot wide gate. We have a 3 yr old so we are going to have it gated. We also have the pool alarm installed that warms if the surface has been broken and also a home security system that has door alarms. Then in the corner I have an outdoor motion detector that will be attached that will alarm if somehow he makes it out the door and through the gate. He will not be able to beat the motion detector I am thinking. I just do not feel we can have enough safety measures in place. These pools r fun but the thought of something happening to my little guy makes me crazy. We had a 3 yr old drown 10 miles away a couple months ago and that's always on my mind...

We also have a three year old son and a 7 month old son as well. I feel the same way about security so whatever we end up doing we'll want to be sure that there are several measures in place to prevent an accident.

In addition to our boys we have a bulldog who loves water but cannot swim so we need to keep him away from the pool too.
    Currently Pooless

Former Pool:Buster Crabbe resin and steel 30'x15' oval 52" ABG pool Pentair sand dollar filter 1.5 Pentair Dynamo pump13,500 gallons

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes never to safe. I like the motion detector because it works wireless with our security system. We have a little maltese but shes not into the water LOL. Now our old weimaraners that was a different story. We could have never gotten a pool until we had to let them go to new homes last fall.

7. Back To Top    #7

2nd day pics... There will be more done today I just snapped this at lunch.

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks interesting, I will be looking over your shoulder on this one
    Have you established those beams with concrete in the ground?
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

9. Back To Top    #9

Yes all the support poles have been dug out 40" deep and filled with a bag of concrete around the 4*4's. 30 holes in all.

10. Back To Top    #10

Wow that's a lot of work, A pool deck is next on my list as well. I have been
    debating the best, lasting method for setting the post's and how close I
    can support near the pool walls. my deck will be about a bit smaller then
    pictured but still enough to comfortable hold a lounge chair etc.

I don't think sometimes, I just should have asked around here, I'd most likely
    be done already with it.

The framers told me this new PT wood is not like the old days and does not handle
    dampness and especially water well at all, and putting porous concrete around it.
    just makes matters even worst. Remember your deck will be extremly heavy from
    what I see, make sure it will drain runoff from a good rain best you can.

The Two post setting methods I narrowed my deck plans down too are:

#1 pouring mini 4"x4" foundations about 1/2 - 1" above grade and setting in post
    anchors to mount to.
    OR
    #2 pouring good solid mini foundations (to grade level) and just sit the PT post in a
    concrete pier I saw them at the home depot, the post just sit inside them as long as
    the mini foundation's are secure the weight of the deck should be more then enough
    for stability, "for lift code" I can always just anchor the deck to the ground with
    a few cable's everything will be covered clean and flush by lattice anyway and would
    make any repairs, years down the road a breeze.

I'd like some feedback about what you Guys/Gals think best or maybe other ways, pros,
    cons etc What I'd really like to know is how close some of your deck post come near pool
    walls, as far as I am concerned this is the most important part of the project.

I'm thinking of using 6x6's taking a circular saw, cut slits and clean chisel out a groove
    to support the 2x6's so they rest inside the post, with 2 bolts per post or is this just over
    doing it.

I'm not a Carpenter by trade, just a wire jockey, but all new construction that have decking
    and porches at my Job sites, never have the post below grade anymore.
    5 yrs old, !8 Round 8200 gallons
    30 oz Vinyl Liner, Hayward 1 1/2 DE
    All Original works fine, so far.

11. Back To Top    #11

Looks nice...now lurking.
    Intex 24'X52" Round
    2500 GHP pump
    Northern Utah
    13,000+ gallons

12. Back To Top    #12

DYIguy, I went 40" deep as that gets me below the frost line here so I will not have the deck moving at all. Also with TL you want to let it dry out a couple months before staining or sealing it. I plan to find a good stain and then I will also put a water sealer on it. I will try and get better pics closer up tonight as I have a golf event today so heading out soon. This deck will support elephants LOL. My 4*4 supports next to the pool are about 20" out.

CNA, thanks

Jeff

13. Back To Top    #13

Here are some more pics from the last couple days.

14. Back To Top    #14

Looking good so far! I'm relocating a 28 x 40 pool deck to my pool from my fathers house. He lives 100 yds away. Brought it over in 4 pieces. I have all the posts in and support beams are in place. Now to get the boom truck to sit the 4 large pieces in place on top and anchor them all down and to each other. Hope all my beams and posts are in the right place . Building from scratch would have been much easier for locating posts and such, but this saves me quite a few $$$.

You will definitely enjoy that when it's complete. Good luck on the rest of the build!
    Round AG 17000 gals. Hayward PowerFlo 1 H.P. 60gpm Sand Filter Aqua Smarte Cannister Chlorine Feeder

15. Back To Top    #15

Ok here are a few updated pics. 1 more day and it all will be complete.

16. Back To Top    #16

Looks good.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

17. Back To Top    #17

Wow! I love it! Can't wait to get a bigger pool and build something like this.
    Intex Ultra 16' Round 48" Pool
    Hayward H100 Heater (Natural Gas)
    Intex Sand Filter Pump Combo 2100gph
    Intex SWG
    Intex LED Light
    5" Concrete Pad

18. Back To Top    #18

Looks great!
    5,000 Gallon 16'x 48" Intex Ultra Frame, Waterway 1hp sand filter, Intex SWG, AquaCritter, TF100
    Climate/Location: SW Iowa

19. Back To Top    #19

Thanks... I added some lights on the 4*4 poles last night also. Just enough light but not to much.

20. Back To Top    #20

wow your deck looks exactly like the one i planned out for my pool except my pool is just a bit bigger (33'). Would love to see the plans you used for th build.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast