Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: shot pump bushing

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas TX

shot pump bushing

A couple weeks back I noticed a lack of pool pump humming - upon investigation, the timer was calling, voltage was present, but no pumping!

I took it apart and found this bushing had worn out, fell into 2 pieces, and jammed together, stopping the pump from rotating. It is placed in between the plastic rotor & stator parts of the pump. I put it all back together, bushingless, and it's been running fine since.

Do I need to replace? can i get away without it? the pump is working well, no notieable change in pressures, and no odd noises.

I assume worst case, the rotor/stator will be less stable and may wear on each other or cause damage to seals/bearings.
    33k Gunite, CompuPool CPSC48 SWG, Sta-Rite System 3 DE, 2.25hp dual-speed, POOLVERGNUEGEN Pressure-side

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: shot pump bushing

I can't tell from your photo where it came from so I don't know what damage you could be doing by running without it, but, they didn't put it in there for looks. I'd say, if you value that pump I'd suggest replacing it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit